When it comes to beauty products, I don’t normally use them. I am a “wash and go” kind of girl. But when I do need to put some makeup on, my kit consists of Nivea lip balm, Lipstick by Fanny Serrano, liquid foundation, some baby powder, and eyeliner pencil. I don’t know how to use blush or eyeshadow, so I never dared to buy those. I admire my friends who are able to use makeup well, and some of them have even elevated it to an art form. I know I should probably try to learn about it too… but my husband tells me he loves me sans makeup (maybe because I don’t know how to put it on, haha!), and appreciates how I can be ready to go out with him in a jiffy.
I also discovered early how uncooperative my skin could be. A little makeup makes my face react violently and break out, so I always wash it off immediately after the event I needed makeup for is over. And since I don’t want to spend lots of money in salons or dermatology clinics (confession: I’ve never had a “facial” in my life), I look for products I can use at home, preferably without interrupting or adding to my daily routine.
But hormonal changes during my first pregnancy changed my skin a lot. It didn’t bother me then, because I even thought they were cool, like battle scars. I had officially become a mother, and I had the evidence etched on my body. I could use it to advantage someday, in case I need to go guilt-trip some teenagers.
After I gave birth to my second child, though, I went through something much, much worse. It affected me physically and emotionally. So I asked around and searched plenty of stores, both physical and online, for some help — any help, that I could use discreetly and without too much fuss. That’s how I came across this month’s freebie. It was only with God’s help that I was able to cope with PUPPPS (with my sanity intact), but that story’s for another post.
For now, I’m just excited to share with you, dear readers, a product that was able to help me get rid of the scars left by the postpartum rash. Note: This is not a product review, and I am not being paid by the manufacturers to promote their product. I bought this with the intention of really giving it away, hopefully to someone who also needs it as much as I did.
This item is worth about P500 (plus shipping) because I got it on sale. Normally it costs around P900, but it is so worth it. I didn’t write a review anymore because you can just Google it and see for yourself how many people are raving about it, because it works. I pasted below most of the product’s information from their website:
TOKYO LOVE SOAP ORIGINAL Product Description
Introduced in 2006, Tokyo Love Soap Original is the soap that started it all and still, the number one intimate soap in Asia since we introduced it in Japan. It is a combination of effective natural and organic ingredients that lightens the skin, remove impurities, tighten pores, clear the skin of discolorations as well as soften and smoothen the skin. All of these amazing benefits are already evident after just one use.
Also known as “Celebrity Soap”, Tokyo Love Soap is used mostly by Japanese and Korean celebrities. Our soap is 100% Vegan and is free from any animal ingredients. We do not support animal testing.
-Powerful natural and organic skin whitening complex
-Lightens the skin as early as the first use
-Refines body hair for a smoother look (Only affects fine hairs. Does not affect the hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.)
-Remove discolorations, freckles, melasma, age spots and dark spots
-Even out skin tone
-Make pores smaller
-Clarify and tone the pores
-Soften and smoothen skin
-Help reduce fine lines, wrinkles and scars
-Mild enough even for use on the intimate areas
1. Wet the skin.
2. Apply Tokyo Love Soap gently to the face and the body.
3. Make a lather and leave the product for at least 3 minutes.
4. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
5. Use every time you shower for best results.
Store at room temperature not exceeding 30°C. Avoid exposing the product to high humidity, heat and sunlight.
Chamomile Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Brandy Mint Leaf Extract, Pueraria Root Extract, Aloe Seawife Leaf Extract, Chlorella Extract, Glycyrrhizic Acid 2k, Tea Extract, Persimmon Tannin, Hyaluronic Acid, Sericin, Soybean Milk Fermentation Liquid, Trehalose Betaine, PEG-75, BG, Ethanol, Water, Etidronic Acid, EDTA-4Na.
This Tokyo Love Shop product is 100% organic and vegan. We do not support animal testing. ©2013 Tokyo Love Shop Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
And now, here’s how you can win this item for yourself or the woman in your life:
- First, this raffle is for Philippine residents only, because I don’t want to be burdened with enormous shipping costs. The item is already with me (brand new, sealed and bubble-wrapped), and I can only offer free shipping within the Philippines. In the event someone outside the Philippines gets picked by the random raffle generator, I will have to ask for a Philippine address to ship the item to. So yes, the prize is transferrable, but not convertible to cash.
- Click “Like” on this article, and share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, and/or any other social networking site you use.
- Answer this question in the comments section below: What is the one important thing for you to do, to take care of your own health? (One like/share + comment = 1 entry per person). Maximum of 3 entries per person.
- The freebie will be raffled out on JULY 31, 2015.
- The winner’s name will be posted on this blog the next day, so stay tuned!
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals soon! 😀